6 weird things about me
1. I don't mix my food. I eat one thing at a time and in a specific order. I eat vegetables first then starch and then main entree. I'm not fanatic about it and I don't mind if my food touches. I just prefer my flavors separate. I have even gone so far as to eat lasagna in layers. It drove my in-laws crazy when my husband and I were dating. Both of my children and my husband eat the same way now although my kids eat their veg last. I'm not sure where this started with me, but I remember my mom telling me once when I was complaining about eating my vegetables to eat what I liked best last so that would be the flavor I would be left with after the meal.
2. My mind meanders oddly. When my husband and I first started dating I would ask him a question or make a comment and he would just look at me because it would have nothing to do with anything we were talking about. I would see something or he would say something that would start a weird chain reaction in my mind and would lead to an out of the blue question or comment. He used to ask what made me think of that and I would tell him the "6 degrees of separation" trip my mind had made. He doesn't bother to ask anymore and I guess as a symptom of living with me for so long sometimes he now tells me my thought process. Scary huh?
3. I can't just "fall" asleep. I have to do something to turn off my mind. I read, plan out my next day, work on an issue with work or something. It's almost like I have to put everything in order before I can shut down. I don't require much sleep either. I can only remember about 3 times in my life where I absolutely could not stay awake.
4. I talk to other drivers when I am driving. I think it helps avoid road rage. When someone will cut me off I will say "Oh no, you go ahead. Wherever you were going must be much more important than what I am doing." This quirk was pointed out to me one time when my DD was about 6 or so and she said, "Mommy, can they really hear you?" This made me laugh and realize how children view the things we do and how I may be passing my weirdness on to my children as if the eating one thing at a time wasn't bad enough.
5. I never just sit. I always sit on my leg or my foot or kneel in the chair. I have a horrible time sitting still (used to drive my mother crazy in church) and I find it easier to settle in if I have my legs tucked under me.
6. I have the same quirk that JudyL has with my stash. I am so afraid that I will need it later or I just like it too much to use it up. I usually have to let my favorite fabrics "age" in my stash for a while because I can't bear to cut into them. I have so much and nowhere near the time to use up even half of it, but it is all special to me. It just has so much potential.
DH said that the only thing on my list that he actually considers weird is this one. He just can't understand the joy I get from my stash. He did then further go on to comment that probably all the people in my web rings would consider this totally normal since we all seem to share the same affliction. :c)
I guess since I wasn't tagged I won't tag anyone else, but if anyone hasn't done it yet it's great fun learning about each other and what oddities we share.