My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

a real blog post

I think I have forgotten how to blog. It has been so long since I have made a real blog post. My mother always taught me if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all. So I have been saying nothing.
Remember DD and her European trip? She ended up a refugee of the Icelandic volcano. She didn't get to finish her auditions and never left Madrid until she flew home days late. All of this cost a lot of unexpected money. It turned out to be a very expensive, non-productive trip.
Sunday April 25th we were talking with DS on the phone and he had to leave. His ship was being evacuated and they had to take refuge in the basement of a church because of a tornado warning. So we had one child being held hostage by a tornado and the other by a volcano. Now you all can say what you like about Maine snow, but snow won't pick up a house and we don't get enough to shut down air traffic for a week or more.
I have all of my Jo's Little Women quilts that I should have been working on, but I just haven't felt like it. I write nice lists about what I would like to get done, but somehow when the time comes I just can't force myself to do anything. I did manage to make April her birthday present. It was a little (25 days) late, but I think she liked it. I saw this organizer on TV and it started me thinking. I designed a prettier version for her to use in a tote bag to keep her project supplies organized. It has pockets around all sides inside and the sides are fairly rigid so it can be pulled out and sit on a table for easy access. She seemed to like it, although I doubt I will ever be able to top the needle binder. :)
And just for fun....
How does this......
Fit into this??
Silly Misty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home