My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

april's birthday

My friend April is my favorite person to give gifts to because her taste is so similar to mine and she always loves what I make her. I didn't post around her birthday which was in ummm April, but I took a picture intending to post. As I was sorting through my photo card I found the picture and decided that everyone was just dying to find out what I made for April's birthday.
This tiny 9 patch wall hanging. Those blocks are 3 inches square so it's not very big. DH, who is usually pretty ambivalent about my quilts, really liked it so I told him I would make one for his office. The 9 patches are finished and the borders cut, but I don't have any more of that red background fabric. I really like the way that the color goes with the red in that vine border. I don't care if it is the same fabric, but I have been on the search for something similar. I have bought a few different reds, but so far nothing I like as well. Not very good for stash busting, but I love red. :-D

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Ooh! I would have loved that for my birthday. My kind of look and colors. I like the use of the stripe design in the first border.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home