My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

way too much working -- not near enough quilting

This has been a really bad week workwise. One of the problems with working from home is that you can't go home and get away from work. We are on a tight schedule with a new project and the first Iteration was supposed to go out on Friday. I ended up working at least until 11 every night this week. I took out a couple of hours on Monday night to go to a friend's birthday party, but then ended up working until 1 am Tuesday. I was supposed to deliver the CD to the overnight box before 3:00pm on Friday and then I was going to take the rest of the afternoon off to go to a baby shower. Well, about a half an hour before that is supposed to happen the person doing QA called and she had found a problem. :0\ After a lot of scrambling we got it figured out and the testing completed, but missed the drop by over an hour and the baby shower completely. Here in rural Maine there are very few FedEx facilities that are open or pick up on Saturday. I had to drive 45 minutes away yesterday to deliver it to a facility that would still get it to the client on Monday.
Since we had to go anyway we made a day of it. DH has been wanting a trailer for a long time to take his motorcycle and our little green tractor for rides (I think it's a guy thing). He seems to think the move is a good excuse to get one. He has been looking for a couple of weeks and had been wanting to go to some places in the town with the FedEx facility. We went and priced them out. I think he is reevaluating the need. That could also have something to do with the fact that we got the results of our financial aid package for DS's college career. Needless to say they think we can pay much more than we can with 2 mortgages and even when we sell this house the mortgage payment won't cover the cost. Very scary.

I didn't get a chance to do anything quilty at all this week although I'm sure you had already guessed that. The closest I came was packing some of the fabric I don't think I will use until after the move and some of my scraps.

In closing I do have to say to Dawn -- I made myself a bag. Can I come to Paducah too? I need a vacation! :cO

6 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

I popped in to your blog to say Hello. Love the new house you are moving to. And I must agree that the darn working always gets in the way of my quilting as well. I also find cooking dinner and vacumning gets in the way of my quilting!!
Pam in Canada

2:00 PM  
Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

Tami - what a GREAT BAG! And yes you can come to Paducah now! :)

Jump in the car and meet me there!!!! I need the break just like you so I"m counting the days!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Quiltgranny said...

Drats on the working - but is nice to have $$ for the fat quarters, eh? Love the bag!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Oh Tami please do join Dawn and I in Paducah, the more the merrier!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I hope to one day finish all the stuff I start!

9:52 AM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

Sorry it was one of those weeks. I hate when they happen in my life, and I find myself very resnetful of giving up the things I love to get the things that have to be done done.... Hope the sewing has picked up and life has slowed down....

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home