My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

she loved it...

and my first OPAM project for 2010.
I was a little behind on my Christmas crafting and with DD's surprise visit I didn't have time to get together with April for our Christmas lunch until today. This year was really hard for me to keep secret about what I was making. April had gotten some knitting needles from her mom for Christmas and she was asking me how I thought she could store them. I was in the process of making her this needle case and I didn't want to let on. I was trying to think of advice I could give without it being too good so she wouldn't go out and buy something. She finally decided to put them back in their packaging and she was going to make some drawstring bags for each type of needle. I figured she could use drawstring bags for something else so no harm no foul. Well she hadn't gotten to the bags anyway and she was thrilled with my solution. She took these pictures for me after she got home and filled it with needles. Luckily I have most of the same ones so I was able to tailor it to the needles she has.
Project number one in the done column for January.
April gave me some beautiful yarn lace yarn with a pattern and knitting bag and basket. She also found the most adorable little lamb for my feather tree. I try to find ornaments that aren't seasonal for my tree so I can keep it up all the time. The lamb is perfect. (When I looked at this picture I noticed that I really need to dust my poor tree.)

3 Comments:

Blogger antique quilter said...

that little lamb is adorable! would look great on my feather tree too!

ok, where did you get the pattern for the needle case?
or idd you just draft it up yourself
my DD is the knitter in the family, makes lots of socks, scarves, etc working on her first sweater now
have a place for her needles, we keep buying more and come home to find out she has them already :)
so this would be very helpful
thanks
Kathie

4:37 AM  
Blogger Sweet P said...

Wow! What a great needle case. I'm sure it will get lots of use.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Nice needle case - love the fabrics too. I'm not surprised that your friend loved it.

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home