My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

now where was i

It has been pointed out that I haven't updated my blog in a little while. Every post seemed so negative that I didn't feel anyone wanted to read all that so I took a little break.
In a nutshell here's what happened while I was out. My dad didn't come through his stroke as well as we thought at first. When first moving back into the assisted living facility he steadily improved for a week. Then things went bad fast. It wasn't long before he needed more care than the assisted living could provide. He was moved into a nursing home in February and then passed away on March 16. His dementia had progressed to a point that he didn't really know where he was and for the last couple of weeks he just slept. He passed away quietly in his sleep and now he's with my mom.
On March 9 I started a new job. Four working days before my dad passed away. It really made me nervous needing time off when I had just started, but I had told my manager the situation during my interview for the job so they weren't surprised. My new job is great, although I am still learning. It is right across the street from my old job so I still see my friends and I already had friends at this company. The software development business in Maine is a small community. ;)
Last week DD came for a visit with her new boyfriend. They have been dancing together for a few years. We liked him and they seem very happy. He is from Cuba and this was his first trip to Maine. We made the rounds: showed him where DD went to high school; he met my sister and family; showed him my parents house; went to Fort Popham; went to Bar Harbor (DD has always loved Bar Harbor); drove up Cadillac Mountain; he tried Maine lobster, Maine shrimp and Maine micro brews. This is a picture from the top of Cadillac mountain. They said they had to take this picture for a friend. Evidently every time this friend travels they take a picture in attitude with the scenery.
I haven't been doing much crafting lately. Between learning my new job, trying to settle my father's estate and keeping the home-front running there hasn't been a lot of extra time. I am still managing the Jo's Little Women at my LQS. I'm slowly completing the patterns. Here is the start of my new little quilt wall. I have 4 others ready to be quilted. I'm really happy. I love Jo's patterns!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chookyblue...... said...

glad to see you back......sad news about your Dad............glad you got a new job and your enjoying it.........I have Jo's quilts to start........must get moving on them........

8:05 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Welcome back... Sorry about your dad-- no matter how old you are, hard it's tough losing those you love.The Jo's quilts rock....You've got a beautiful Fall ahead.

8:24 PM  
Blogger KC Quilter said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am so sorry about your dad. I know how hard it is to lose your parents. Your Little Women quilts are darling! I was in a Jo's Little Women club at the LQS a few years back and still have the quilts hanging in my stairwell! Just love her designs.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home