My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

a productive day

It took quite some time, but I have finally set my sewing room to rights. It has been a very long time since I had the entire surface of my ironing board to work with. I had almost forgotten it was that big. For almost a year now if I want to do anything in my sewing room I have to move things from one surface to another and then clear that surface when I need to use it. I figured I better take a picture while it was clean because it probably won't last long.
I then spent the remainder of my day sewing. October Road is now bordered. I like the way it turned out. I had bought a different fabric for my inner borders, but when I was cutting the sashing for my mini Friendship Star I noticed how good it looked with what was already done so I decided to use it there as well.
Here is the finished top of my very tiny Friendship Star. I am not as happy with my worksmanship as I was with the 4 Patch, but that small is really hard.

2 Comments:

Blogger antique quilter said...

another cute little quilt and oh I love your clean sewing room!
ah yes this will make you come in sew after working during the day!
good for you getting it all organized.
kathie

7:08 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I like the October Road quilt. Has a vintage look.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home