My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Monday, January 25, 2010

i have so much to tell

It's so weird. Either I have nothing to write about or no time to write about it.
My LQS started a Jo Morton's club. I have always loved Jo's little quilts and wanted to do the club, but it has never been convenient. This one meets the third Thursday of every month at 6:30. My LQS is right on my way home and stopping for a quick bite makes the timing absolutely perfect. It's been so long since I have had time to do something fun for myself I am so excited. This is the beginning of our first project. It is so tiny I didn't think I was going to be able to finish before the meeting next month, but once I got started I just wanted to finish. This is going to be a medallion in a 12" x 12" quilt.
A couple years ago I read an idea about a way to make Christmas less stressful. Every month on the 25th of the month use the day as a crafting day to get projects done for gifts for that year. By the time Christmas comes around you will have a good start on your gifts. I work, so I had to modify the plan to shoot for the weekend closest to the 25th. This past weekend was it. I made a list ;-) I finished a scarf I had started after Christmas and knit up a pair of slippers. They just need to be felted and I can add them to my OPAM finishes. I would have gotten more done, but I got hung up with the embroidering the ladies.
January is shaping up to be a good finish month.

1 Comments:

Blogger antique quilter said...

what a pretty scarf, beautiful color too.
I bought yarn to make a pair of mittens this weekend, have to find a good basic pattern now...any suggestions???
congrats on having 2 finishes already !

Kathie

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home