My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

it's all about me

I spent my entire weekend working on things for ME. I seldom make anything for myself, but I have a huge backlog of things I have been meaning to make.
It was our annual mystery ride weekend with my quilt group from the town I moved from. We left Friday night and got back on Sunday. A great time was had by all. We rented a house on a lake that slept 14 for the entire weekend. The view from my sewing machine as I sewed the day away.
We walked to one quilt shop on Saturday and stopped at another on the trip home on Sunday. I was not a good girl . I felt it was necessary to support the local businesses who opened after hours and on Sunday for us. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I got some beautiful repro's and 4 skeins of sock yarn.
We sewed Friday night, all day Saturday and half of Sunday before heading home. I made myself a tote bag like I designed for my bag swap , last year's SSCS and April last Christmas. I have tried to personalize them by changing up the pocket. I also made this cute little pouch from a Whimsicals book I recently bought. I just thought this was so adorable.
It's about time I got back to my wool rug. I know it's been a really long time since I worked on it, but I have all of them preped and only have 1 and a half stars left. Then I have to attach them to the background. That will probably be the hardest part. :-/
I really needed a vacation. It was great to get away for a long weekend and catch up with my friends with no worries. I'm going to have to work harder to keep in touch. I just wish work didn't take so much of my time.
This makes 2 projects for my OPAM challenge. I missed two months, but I've already completed more than one a month. :-D

1 Comments:

Blogger antique quilter said...

think we all need to do this , take time for ourselves
love the bags, cute!
oh so you bought some repro's ....what shop did you go to?
you know we all love reproduction fabrics!!!!
Kathie

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home