My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Thursday, January 01, 2009

merry new year?

DD made it in from Denver on an "uneventful" flight. We finally got to celebrate Christmas. It was a fun day, but so close to New Years. No time to breath in between. My dad, sister and her family will be over on the 1st to see DD and exchange gifts. They only get to see her once a year. :-(
Misty and Dusky though that opening their stocking was great fun. There were some catnip toys in there and they were searching them out. The treats were a big hit too.
I got some great Secret Santa Gifts. Quiltygal from Australia made my SSCS gift this year. I showed in an earlier post how she had cleverly packed my package with a teaser unwrapped outside the main gift. Here is the beautiful wall hanging she made me. I have been admiring stitchery quilts on a number of blogs. I love it.
I also joined in a Spirit of Christmas swap set up by Janet at Wildcraft Farm. I got paired with Tracy at Sunny Corner Farm. She sent me a cool assortment of things. Check out the reindeer hanging... and Homespun. My favorite Australian magazine. I was so excited I took it to bed with me to read.
I was really happy with my stuff I hope my partners liked theirs as well. Here is what I sent Tracy. Some napkins, towels, spice coasters and dishcloths. Anne got this bag with wool applique pocket and goodies inside. I wrapped each thing individually and then put them inside the bag before I wrapped it. I hope she likes opening.
I almost forgot.
Happy New Year!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Chookyblue...... said...

lovely gifts sent and received........thanks for being part of the SSCS.......

4:50 AM  
Blogger meggie said...

Hi Tami, just popped over from Finn's. I saw your lovely Teddy, & couldnt resist a visit.
Your gifts are lovely as are the goodies you sent out.
Happy 2009.

Lovely to have your daughter home for some of the holidays!

2:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The bag and its contents are gorgeous - thank you so much and a happy new year to you and yours

10:00 AM  
Blogger Finn said...

Looks like it was a very merry time, regardless of the weather or the calendar.
Your fur babies are adorable. My black demon, Ebby, was totally thrilled with a package of "kitty treats" from Santa Mouse *VBS*
Happy stitching in 2009. Hugs, Finn

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home