My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

ds update

DS is home. DH took a train down to Rhode Island and drove him back in his car. He is taking painkillers so he can't drive until he stops. He had an appointment here on Friday and then had his hand operated on yesterday. There were 2 muscles and a tendon that had to be repaired. The Dr. feels he will make a full recovery. His hand is all bandaged up and in a splint for the next week and then he will get a smaller splint and start physical therapy. He wouldn't let me take a picture (he's rather grumpy). He had hoped to be back at work week after next, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. We'll have to see how things progress.
We took a little drive this weekend since DS can't do much more than walk or ride. He loves history and we have been to most of the forts in the state, but never hit Fort McClary in Kittery. We took the long scenic way to get there and had a nice walk around the site. It was an absolutely gorgeous weekend.
April came and sat with me while I waited for DS to have his operation yesterday. It was helpful to have someone with me, especially since the actual operation took about twice as long as they said it would. We had a nice chat and knit-in. Today she finished her Swallowtail shawl we started back in March. Woo hoo! Mine is up to the point where I start borders, but I seem to have stalled. I worked on some socks. I have missed the last 2 months for the OPAM challenge. I have to get at least one done this month and I think I can make it with my socks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chookyblue...... said...

so pleased to hear the op went well.......

9:28 PM  
Blogger suz said...

glad to hear things look good for your son

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home