My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Monday, August 17, 2009

it was my birthday!


I am not missing. I am just temporarily lost. Things have been going on in my life that have kept me from wanting to share much. I have been faithfully taking pictures and storing them away until I found the motivation.
My birthday was 10 days ago and look what April got me. She made me a really cool workstation to put by my chair for, whatever. Isn't it great? Absolutely my colors. I love the little bag to put my threads and scraps in to throw away.
She also got me a yarn pot. It's so clever. I guess they are made by a potter here in Maine. It is going to be so handy. The yarn was one of my gifts from last Christmas not knit yet. {{oops}} I just put it in there so you could see how ingenious the pot is. I do think I want to write to the potter and ask if he could make me a second lid with 2 cutouts for when I do my 2 at a time socks. That would be a huge help. When I only have a single ball of yarn I knit one wound from the outside and one from the center pull. It's hard to keep them from tangling. The lid would hold the ball in place and still allow me to pull the yarn through the cutouts.

2 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Happy Birthday ( just a little late *s*)
That yarn pot looks like pretty handy tool.

7:51 AM  
Blogger  Jeanne said...

Hope things brighten up for you!
Hugs ~ Jeanne

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home