My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, March 08, 2009

april made me do it and it's better than it sounds

I know I am supposed to be finishing up UFO's for my one a month challenge and I was on such a roll. I had been being so good. Even at SPA weekend I didn't start a new pair of socks. Then, this week April messaged and begged me to do a KAL with her for a Swallowtail shawl. She has been wanting me to do something lace with her for a while and I had been standing fast saying after I finished some UFO's. I really liked the shawl she had picked out and I had some yarn in my stash that was good for it so how could I refuse? :D Now, I am hooked. It has been taking up a lot of my free evenings as well as lunch hours. I am up to 10 repeats. If I don't get my one UFO done we know who to blame. ;)
My stash report looks rather dismal this week, but it really is much better than it looks. This is where I am on the quilt I am making for my coworker's MIL. I got quite a bit of the center sewn together. I had already counted all the yardage when it was cut so even though I did all this work I have no stash reduction to report.
Here are my stats, looking suspiciously exactly like last week's:
Fabric in this week: 0
Fabric out this week: 0
Fabric in ytd: 8
Fabric out ytd: 10.875

4 Comments:

Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

I have long admired this shawl, but I know if I start it, it will take eons to finish. I have a disconnect with complicated patterns if it is not absolutely quiet when I knit them. I found this out on my Pi Shawl. Quiet around this household, is not to be found.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Kucki68 said...

Oh NOOO, now I want to cast on the Swallowtail, too.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Finn said...

Hi Tami, I wanted to pop over and thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment *VBS*
Being frugal is a way of life I think, and I love it. I've wondered if it was because it was the only way to make ends meet back when my family was young and our income from teaching was very low.
It has morphed into not liking to see things wasted. So much of our society sees no value in the leftover bits and pieces. I see potential, and it sounds like you do also. Love the shawl beginnings, it's going to be beautiful. Hugs, Finn

11:03 AM  
Blogger Aunt Spicy said...

That quilt looks like it will be amazing! Can't wait to see the finished project! (Visiting from Spring Swap)

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home