My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

two in two days

I finished my second OPAM project for May. Seven hour car rides are pretty good for doing handwork. If the roads weren't so bumpy it would be even better. ;-) I got this table runner quilted and the binding machine stitched down yesterday in preparation for taking DS back to Rhode Island today.
I also finished the first, in what I hope to be a pair of socks. I have been doing 2 at a time for a bit, but for a reason, I can't exactly remember right now, decided to do this pair separately. I hope I can avoid Single Sock Syndrome and complete the pair. Don't you just love the funky yarn?
DS was safely delivered to his ship ready to start back at work in the morning. He brought his guitar, computer and more stuff this time. I saw the quarters he will be sharing with 5 other guys and I'm not sure what he is planning to do with everything. Here he is with DH in front of the ship he will be working on until sometime in July. He is then going to transfer to another ship with a promotion to work for the remainder of the summer. I am seeing 2 more 7 hour drives in our future. The one today seemed to take much longer than last weekend. I'm thinking more than a week is needed to recuperate in between.
Even though I had 2 finishes this week I didn't set any records with my stash busting. I am however, still headed in the right direction.
fabric in this week: 0
fabric out this week: .25
fabric in ytd: 21.75
fabric out ytd: 6.125

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home