My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

what exactly have i been up to?

Not much quilting.
Sales of the reproduction fabrics at my friends quilt shop have not been terribly good. The weekend I went to visit she mentioned that another sample besides the tote bag I made would give people more ideas. I'm going to make a small wall hanging with probably 4 blocks from Jo Morton's Prairie Flowers book.
I love repro fabrics so I need to get them selling so she can continue to carry them. :cD
I've mostly been working on some extracurricular Christmas activities at my job. I'll post more on that later when things are out of the planning stages and I have some pictures.

5 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I love that pattern of Jo Morton's, and your blocks are beautiful! I can't wait to see the wallhanging. I've had that pattern earmarked forever, and just haven't started it yet, so I was so excited to see that you had! :D

10:09 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

Jo Morton and Lori Smith patterns both showcase repro fabrics . . . they'll be selling before you know it *s*

11:13 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I love working with reproduction fabrics. That's so nice of you to make the samples so people will keep buying. I hope it all works out.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Gypsy Quilter said...

Wow, I'm surprised. I'm sure if you make up some easy samples, sales will pick up. Sometimes all folks need is an idea.

1:30 AM  
Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

We would all kill here for reproduction fabrics lol. Love them, love them. I'm sure once they see your samples, they will start buying.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home