My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

i have to show someone

You know, something I have realized since I lost my Mom is that no one else ever loves or appreciates your children like your mother does. The entire time we were visiting DD in Denver I kept thinking of going home and telling my mom about her life and then I would realize that I couldn't do that. I tell my friends, but for the most part I think they get a little tired of hearing and don't really understand all she has been through to become a dancer. My mom was always very happy to hear the goings on and go to see her dance. She understood how hard DD has worked to get where she is.
Well, I got a package in the mail from DD this week with my birthday present and she included the newspaper article from the Vail International Ballet Festival. I am going to share it with all of you, my captive audience and hope that at least some of you are duly impressed. :-D
The pictures are beautiful and out of 4 pictures in the article 3 were with my DD. Can you tell I'm proud? This first one is 3/4 of a page on the front of the Spotlight section.
She is the one in the back in the second one. She said the photographer was having fun with her because she wasn't afraid to balance on the side of a mountain. She has always had phenomenal balance.

26 Comments:

Blogger keslyn said...

How proud you must be of your darling daughter, I know my life would be sad without my children in it.
Enjoy
Kerry

11:22 PM  
Blogger Chookyblue...... said...

proud........no I think you are beyond that....how exciting for her to be in 3 of the 4 pics and they are lovely.......congrats.....

11:50 PM  
Blogger Lindah said...

Beautiful pix! LOvely daughter! It must be such a thrill to see her dance.

12:50 AM  
Blogger jodie said...

Gorgeous photos, she looks like a fairy in an old fashioned book. Just can't remember what it is called. I need to look for it!

Jodie

5:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful! How absolutely wonderful for your daughter. I'm sure her grandma is smiling down on her today!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

What beautiful pictures! You should be very proud...and we're always happy to see pictures!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

Amazing! There is just nothing like a mother's pride especially when it's over the accomplishments of a daughter's daughter. The photos are beautiful.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

What an accomplishment! I know your mom loved hearing about your family and you can't share with her but I love seeing the pictures and hearing about your daughter.

I remember my grandma always saying "you come back ANY time!" and I never went back to see her enough. Wish I could visit with her now . . so I know somewhat how you feel about sharing with your mom.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Sweet P said...

Your daughter is beautiful and those photos are stunning. I know how proud you are of here and you can tell us about her anytime.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Juliann in WA said...

What a lovely post. I for one love to hear about kids - young or old. Sounds like you have been blessed.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

These are really fabulous pictures....It would be great if the photographer would print some that aren't on newsprint.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Wonderful photos of you daughter. And I bet the photographer wasn't just impressed with her balance, she's lovely!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

The photos are simply lovely. What a beautiful daughter you have. I am sure that somehow, your mom knows how fabulous she is turning out.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Rose Marie said...

What a graceful, beautiful D you have and am glad that you shared this story with us!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Just beautiful! I know I couldn't balance in the middle of nowhere and look so beautifully elegant!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Impressive pictures!! your daughter is beautiful...

3:20 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Stunning photos of your daughter! You should be beaming with pride.

1:34 AM  
Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

At first I thought I was looking at some old photos but then as I continued to read, well, all I can say is "WOW"! Your daughter is beautiful. Is she in the upcoming production of Le Corsaire in Denver?

9:25 PM  
Blogger Carol E. said...

Wow! Beautiful! I just LOVE ballet! My daughter danced for several years and got as far as dancing en pointe. I was sooo proud and just loved watching her! She didn't take it any further after high school... but I do know how much work it takes and how competitive it is to take ballet seriously and go beyond dancing just for fun. Amazing!! We are so proud of you and of her. Thanks for sharing her story with us... now that you can't tell your mom, we will do our best to be your alternate sets of ears.

12:11 AM  
Blogger swooze said...

I understand what you mean about a Mother understanding. When my son was newborn I would be so proud of him and tell my friends of his accomplishments wanting a "thats neat" or "great" response. Most times it became a competition comparing against their kids.

It is awesome to watch your kids grow and accomplish their dreams. Congratulations to your dd on her accomplishments!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

I'm definitely impressed! You have a beautiful daughter, and quite accomplished as well.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Absolutely beautiful! You definately should be one proud mother!!!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

aw, your post made me teary eyed! My 16yo is an accomplished dancer also and my mom , besides me, is her biggest fan. I know how proud you are of your daughter, and as a dance mom, I KNOW how hard she has worked to get where she is. You should be proud too because I know you were there with her along the way. Congrads! ROse

12:47 PM  
Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

Those are wonderful photos! The last one looks like a water nymph/greek water goddess. You have every right to be proud!

3:12 PM  
Blogger atet said...

What a beautiful, accomplished and dedicated daughter you have. I have friends who were dancers -- and the sacrifices they had to make were incredible. You have every right to be so very proud of her!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh what wonderful pictures! I so wanted to grow up to be a ballerina! I did pointe work all through college, but never came close to what your DD has become!

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home