My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

gotta love a short week

We are having the bricks on our house repointed. If you are like me and aren't sure what that is, it is having crumbling mortar removed from between bricks and replaced with fresh. This should take care of any leaking we had from where the previous owner had gutters put on and they drilled into the mortar and cracked it to attach them. :-\
Anyway, there is a point to this.... I took today off so I could be here when the masons arrived. Well, after getting them started I could do anything I wanted. If feels so great to get a bonus day off to catch up on things. I vacuumed the layers of cat hair off the rugs, floor and furniture. Not that I would trade my babies for any others, I do wish they didn't shed so much. As soon as the vacuuming was done a wrestling match ensued and you would never know I had done it at all.
I then moved on to finishing up a couple of things. Here is my pair of socks from Marden's yarn. I just love a good deal. I now have about 14 more skeins in 3 colorways to make socks for probably the rest of my life. "My name is Tami and I have a stashing problem." I know the picture doesn't look like it, but my socks really are the same size. I then put the borders on my second doll quilt. I'm really getting into these quick little quilts. Thank you to Lucy for the inspiration which I guess she got from Dawn. I saw her post and decided that would be a great thing to do with the scraps from my Puss in the Corner doll quilt. Just quilting to go. I see the wall going up my stairway filling up. :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Gail said...

Love the socks, that is something I want to learn to do.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Ohh it is lovely! Wasn't it fun to sew the tiny left overs together?I never thought I could make a quilt with them ! You did a lovely job Tami :-)

4:14 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

Your little quilt is another beauty . . . I think I have seen all the various versions around - you are going to push me into trying one out too. Darling *s*

7:15 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Love the socks - I don't knit! Sigh!

Your little quilt is adorable - might have to make one. I've seen different versions and I love them all.

Congratulations to your son!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home