My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

my challenge

I read Judy's challenge and decided that since it involved sitting at the computer, which I do at least 8 hours every day, this was something I could actually complete. It was great fun. I have 14 quilts saved in my EQ project. These are the 2 that I like the best today.


I'm sure the next time I open the file to look at them 2 different ones will be my favorites.

It is amazing what a change can be made in the design just by modifying colors. While I was doing this I decided to go out and check what the difference is between EQ5, which I have, and EQ6. I found a ton of downloadable fabric palettes that worked for EQ5. I downloaded them and found a lot of fabrics I own. I did a couple more colorways and moved EQ6 onto my Christmas list. :-D

5 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Both of those designs are just wonderful. I need to learn to use my EQ...you girls are having too much fun without me.

9:04 AM  
Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

I'm still a sharp pencil and graph paper sort of quilter. I do like your border design on the second quilt though!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Great quilt designs. I really need to use my program so I can try this.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I like what you have done, I posted my efforts...with pencil and paper, but I am making a small version up and will post the progress today or tomorrow. I would spend so much time playing with this design machine! Tracey

9:36 AM  
Blogger Kucki68 said...

I really like the black and tan one.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home