My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Monday, October 30, 2006

slow and steady.....


I had a really good weekend quilt wise. I worked on my hour a day quilt for a few hours trying to catch up. I was hoping to do the November one as well, but I think with my trip to Denver and my weekend visitors I just won't have time. I really don't need another UFO and want to get this one finished before starting a new one. I have all of the alternate blocks finished and 19 of the leaves. I'm getting closer. .. :c) I'm really happy with this quilt. I have made it completely from my stash. I haven't bought even a new spool of thread.
I also finally found the fabric I needed to finish my mystery quilt. I had originally purchased the yard for another collection that I have been building then this project came up. It was perfect with the other fabrics I wanted to use for this, but with the mistake in the cutting instructions I ended up a 1/4 of a yard short. So when I found it I had to replace the yard for the original collection plus the 1/4 yard. I ended up with 3 yards. When I run out of something I always seem to overbuy. :o$ Funny how that happens....

15 Comments:

Blogger Hedgehog said...

I really like your leaf quilt. How did you do the stems? The wind-blown look is great.

3:45 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

Your leaves look great, and I like that mystery quilt, so geometric.

7:16 AM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

so close on the October quilt.... Sounds like a good idea to finish it and pass on the NOvember quilt, I know I'm having to too, which is something of a disappointment. But no new UFOs is worth it!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

Love your leaves - how you used several fabrics in every leaf. Makes it come to life more - IMHO of course!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

You leaf quilt looks great. Smart of you to think ahead on the November quilt -- so often we quilters like to bite off more than we can chew just because we want it all *s*

9:40 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

The colorful scrappy look of the leaves is wonderful.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Kim West said...

wow - that is awsome - I love the scrappy look of the leaves and also the way the stems were done - just beautiful!!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Your leaf quilt is turning out great. I absolutely love the mystery quilt...your fabric choices are wonderful!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Your leaf quilt is stunning, Tami, and that mystery quilt is gorgeous too!

1:09 PM  
Blogger bingo~bonnie said...

I know how you feel about not taking on another hour a day project - I am sitting November out too. I am way behind on Leaf Season but will get it done one day. Yours is looking lovely. I love how your leaves are mixed colors. And those stems are the cutest I have seen yet! :c)

Your mystery quilt turned out very nice. You are much braver than I am - I did one once and that was it for me. However I like both your color selection and the pattern of the quilt you shared. :c) ~Bonnie

6:33 PM  
Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

Tami, your Leaf Season quilt is wonderful. I really like the applique stems.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I think you leaf quilt is turning out so well! I like the stems curved like that and the multi-colored leaves!!

11:24 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Your leaf season quilt looks great. I'm not starting the new one either but I've got the EQ file saved. I loved the quilt Jeanne first posted so I imagine I'll make it one of these days but not until after my move and after I get more of my UFO's done. I love that Judy is posting the quilts on her webpage in addition to doing the Hour a day directions on her blog.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

The leaf quilt looks really good. Good for you to decide to finish it before you move on. How is that cute puppy? Gone home?

7:37 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

The variety of color in your leaf quilt is just wonderful!

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home