My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

i found it

The adapter has been found! Now you all get to see how my new house looked as I just started putting things away on the day of moving. :c$ It is somewhat better now. I wish I had more time to take off from work to get a lot more done. Here is the kitchen. It's probably the most organized right now. My beautiful work table had to be taken back to the furniture store though. It has been so humid this year that I couldn't even open one of the 2 drawers. They are going to fix both it and my bureau and get them back to me in a week or so. As you can see from this picture of my bedroom I got the drawers to the bureau open and then couldn't close them. It has made putting things away and getting ready for work each morning a bit more challenging since all of our clothes are still in boxes and we have to dig for what we want to wear.
Last, and certainly not least is the sewing room. The cabinet has been put back together now and I have started putting away fabric. I have been re-folding it as I put it away so it is taking longer than it should.
I had to get it set up enough to finish round 4 of the round robin. DH wasn't too pleased when I wanted to work on it when he felt we should be packing. I had originally wanted to get it done early so I could leave it to pass along, but the best laid plans of mice and men....
Here is round 4. This month's theme was 4, so in keeping with my objective to try and change the shape of each block that comes to me I added the single 4 inch border with the 4 butterflies. I drew the pattern based on the pictures on my paper towels :D and used Heat n Bond applique. I finished the buttonhole stitching on the way to drop DS off to college and then dropped it off to our new chapter president on the way back home. Sorry the picture isn't better, but I had to lay it out and snap a quick one at her house while DH was waiting in the car anxious to go to dinner. As it happened the day we dropped DS off was also our anniversary. We didn't get much of a celebration, so are thinking that maybe when things settle down a bit from the move we will take some time and go see a play or something. We both love plays.

14 Comments:

Blogger Patti said...

Looks like you have a wonderful big sewing room. Can hardly wait to see the "after" pictures when it is all arranged.

10:44 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

Boxes everywhere!

Hope you get your furniture woes settled and can move in for real!

10:56 PM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

if you've got to have your furniture looked at again, its as good a time as any -- at least your clothes were already in boxes :-)

11:09 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Wow, the sewing room is great, but I can see it will be a while before you get to spend as much time as you'd like. Still, you're in!

2:07 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Your sewing room looks like it's going to be a good place for creating once it's done. Now is the time to get everything fixed-before you get it loaded with stuff. Enjoy the process.

8:20 AM  
Blogger  Jeanne said...

Haha, this disarray looks mighty familiar to me!
Jeanne :)

11:33 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

My what a great house and it looks huge!! Or course I live in a small condo, but the rooms will be wonderful once you get them all set up! Just takes some time!!

Block looks really cool!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

Ah, unpacking---necessary, tedious and time consuming along with "why do I have so much stuff?" and "why didn't get rid of more when I packed?"

It is shaping up though. My sewing room was the dead last thing in our house to get unpacked because all the overflow was in there while putting the clothes etc away.

3:10 PM  
Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

Your new house looks great, what fun to move to a new place!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

What a big house! And the size of that sewing room...i could only wish for a bigger room.
I like what you have done to the RR quilt.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I'm anxious to see pictures after you're somewhat settled. We've been our new house for a year and still have boxes. LOL

Terrific sewing room!!!!!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

You've got a great house. I realy like the hardwood floors. Take your time and I'm sure your place will be home in no time. I like that round robin - it doesn't really look like a round robin. Looks like it was planned that way.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh what a wonderful kitchen area! I love all the wood everywhere!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Hi There! Just spent some time going through your blog from the beginning. Your quilts and you new home are beautiful. I am from Maine (Island Falls) but now live in Verona right outside Madison. We get back to The County to visit every year. I miss it a lot. Keep up the great work on your blog!

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home