My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

you don't have to ask me twice


Some of you asked me to see more pictures of my sewing room. I didn't want to bore you, but..... since you asked. :oD
Here is my sewing table. I had DH leave 3 inches behind the table so when I am sewing large things they can drop down behind the table. There is a light on the bottom of the upper cabinet. This isn't quite finished yet. DH still has to make a surface that will go all around my sew steady table to extend my sewing space.
Here is my cutting table. It is just a banquet table on bed risers to make it a better height for cutting. I had a large walk in closet for storage in my old house and I had to buy this shelving unit to hold some of my stuff that doesn't fit in the cabinet. My UFO's are in one of the large totes on the top and the other is holding my wools for applique. You can see some of my teddies on the top of the cabinet. You will find at least one teddy bear in each room of my house. :cD
These are storage units that I bought quite a while ago while I was waiting for my cabinet to be finished. They haven't been sorted through yet. They are filled with whatever got thrown in for the move. I am in the process of folding my fat quarters and my half yard cuts to put in some of the drawers. The opening was there in the wall and they fit perfectly. DH can't stand things looking unfinished so he says he is going to frame out the opening.
Here is my ironing board, again made by my husband. He is a pretty handy guy to have around. He ran the extension cord up the wall and across a beam for me so I can have it handy to the iron. The plastic storage on the left holds my embroidery threads. The other totes hold fabric (imagine that), stabilizer, trims, and towels and sweatshirts to embroider. I love having the nails so I can hang things up and out of the way. You can see my shaker step stool on the far right that I use to get in the upper cupboards of my cabinet. On top of those boxes that still need to be dealt with is the flannel I am going to use for my design wall that is going there on the blank wall beside the board.
Last one I promise. DH wanted me to show a front view of the cabinet. After all the work he did making it for me and helping me get my room set up I thought he deserved it.

19 Comments:

Blogger Gail said...

Wow! what a room! Do you rent out dh to make cabinets for others? You have made amazing progress getting set up so soon after your move.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Hedgehog said...

What a great sewing room - lucky you!

1:38 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Can I come and live in your sewing room? I don't eat much.
Wow, what a great place to create.

7:11 AM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

what a wonderfully functional space, and beautiful too. The cabinets and handiness of your DH makes a world of difference...

8:44 AM  
Blogger Melzie said...

Your hubby is awesome :) I am wanting to find a pattern to make me a larger ironing surface like that. :) xoxo melzie

9:21 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Very nice. Very well planned. You certainly will enjoy working in this room. And your husband could start a whole new career making sewing cabinets!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

Thank you Tami! What a wonderful space you have - and what a talented husband! Looks like you are truly blessed.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

what a wonderful sewing space!

11:37 PM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I love that big ironing board. I wish I had room for a larger sized board. Especially when putting on borders!!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Wow, what a wonderful space! Lots of space to work and move, and lots of space to store things. He's a keeper!

2:32 PM  
Blogger  Jeanne said...

Catching up: glad to read that the stuff with your son is OK. Your sewing room is wonderful!!! Bet it feels great to be getting settled into the new house.
Jeanne :)

5:23 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

That is one gorgeous sewing cabinet setup! Love the pix of your sewing area.

Judy L.

10:12 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

Looks great! I especially like the sewing cabinet and the little place in the wall that fits the plastic drawers so neatly. I have a couple of those for fabric storage too. :)

Do you rent out your husband for the week to needy bloggers?

12:37 AM  
Blogger Dormouse said...

Yum!!! What a lovely room. It's so nicely organised too. You and DH did a great job on it.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Tazzie said...

Gosh, your sewing room is amazing, and so tidy! Lucky you!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

8:25 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Like I said...GREEN with envy!! At the sheer size of the room!! One day perhaps! Have loads of fun getting things produced in that room!!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Finn said...

It does look wonderful Tami!! I think your DH did a wonderful job..*VBS* Everything is so handy and still so neat! I love it! Hugs, Finn

1:07 PM  
Blogger Simonetta said...

Hi Tami, your sewing room is fantastic!!! How is his son?

2:48 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Love that space! It's perfect.

I'm glad that things have worked out for your son - stressful time, though!

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home