My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

round five

I have been a bad, bad blogger. I haven't had time to either quilt or blog. I so want to start Judy's next hour a day quilt, but it's just not working out. I have been thinking about it. :c)

This is all I have finished in a long, long time. This is my Round 5 in my group's round robin. This months border was curves. I had a really hard time. It belongs to a good friend and I couldn't envision anything for a border with curves that I thought would compliment it. I decided that instead I would embellish the triangle border with curves. I drew up the holly vines from the print on the black fabric in the outer border. I should have taken a better picture of that fabric before I passed it along. It was due last night and I finished the handwork at about 12:30 am. Nothing like cutting it close. It is now in the hands of the next person and I have my last one to get started on. It's made from Aunt Gracie's and we are doing applique. I have so many ideas for this one that I'm not sure which one I am going to do.

11 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

It's beautiful. Looks like Christmas.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

I love your vines, they are perfect, and I can't think of any other way to do curves with that quilt that would work.

8:35 AM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

with such strong lines in the quilt, I think you were very creative to come up with a way to make the curves work. Congrats

8:47 AM  
Blogger Linda C said...

oh yours are looking so much better than what I have been getting stuck with on my rounds. Good job, Tami

9:21 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

Your solution was perfect! The holly vine is the perfect compliment to the piecing. I think a curved border stuck outside of what's there so far would have looked really wierd. Well done!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

I think it looks wonderful! That's going to turn out a very nice quilt when finished!

Aunt Gracie fabrics always inspire me too. Can't wait to see if you show that one too!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Your vines look great - and such a nice compliment to the center. This recipient should be pleased.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Your vines look terrific. I think it goes really well with the center. Great thinking to add to a border that was already there rather than just making it bigger.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I don't always like a lot of Round Robin quilts but this one looks nice.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

i like the vines you have done for this quilt.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Those spaces were meant for your vines, your pal will appreciate your addition. This is such a nice Christmasy quilt.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home