My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

fall progress


I've been working furiously to get as much of my leaf quilt done since I won't be able to devote my hour a day from Denver. I had DH set up my design wall before I left and I took this on my new wall to show that I have actually been working on my quilt. I have over half of the alternate blocks totally put together and the parts are all made for the rest. All my parts for leaves are put together, but I decided that I wanted to do my stems differently. I thought it made them look more windblown. I did bring the stem squares to do handwork while I am here. Hopefully, when I get home I will be ready to put my blocks together.

12 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

It looks good up there on the new wall! I like your stems, too. That's the fun thing about Judy's projects - the personalization that each person does.

1:31 AM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

Ohh, your stems look a lot better than my straight ones do. :)

I like the scrappy leaf colors too, I was a stick-in-the-mud and did them all one color!

2:38 AM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

the stems are great -- they are much more wind blown with that little curve in them!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

Looks good. I like your stem method -- more like how leaves occur in real life.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Joyce said...

I love the look of your stems. The quilt is going to be great.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Silverthimble said...

I love the stems on your version. What a great idea to make your quite unique! And also a great idea for a portable project while you are travelling!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

I agree with everyone else, those stems are perfect!! Not stiff and stright like th eoriginal ones. They do have a more playful dnacing effect, sort of liek the leaves are really blowing!! Good choice!

10:36 AM  
Blogger bingo~bonnie said...

Your curved stem is the first thing that caught my eye too! I agree - they will look windblown! You are so creative! :c)

I like your mix of orange fabrics too. Have a safe trip! ~Bonnie

11:17 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

Love your curved stems. I'll look forward to watching your progress. Have you worked on any of the stems while you're gone?

Judy L.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

i also like the curved stems you are doing for your leaves. Look forward to seeing more of your leaves.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Curved stems are such an excellent idea. The one in the picture looks so real! It is going to add a lot to your quilt.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Great idea on the stems - and the scrappy looking leaf is very nice.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home