My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Monday, October 02, 2006

denver anyone?

Anyone out there from Denver? I'm going next week and wondered if anyone had any quilt shops to recommend. DD has a solo part in Giselle and I have more vacation than DH so I'm off to see her first show in Denver. I'm also going to help out with my new grandpuppy. He is having a little trouble with the long rehearsal hours that come before a show. He will be happy to have someone to hang out with while she is working. Here is a picture of DD with her new "baby". I get new pictures of him almost daily and am being told I need to put at least 2 so here is another. :o)
I'm going to have to take a break from my hour a day leaf quilt for a week or so, but like Judy says "it's for fun". I got a pretty good start on it tonight. I worked 2 hours to start to get more done since I know I'm going to be gone. I didn't get to start sewing because I hadn't done any cutting yet. I think I have pretty much all my leaves cut and I just have to cut background and alternate block pieces then I'm off sewing. I can't wait to see what it comes out like. I'm not totally sure about my background, but we'll see.

14 Comments:

Blogger Hedgehog said...

http://www.greatamericanquilt.com/ My mom was just in Denver for work, but didn't have time to make it here. This was recommended to her. Have a safe and fun trip. Cute puppy!

2:13 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

Enjoy your trip, and lots of encouragement to your daughter.Hope she knocks their socks off.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Joyce said...

I am going to be in Denver in a couple of weeks so I will be watching your blog to see what suggestions people have. I hope I have time for quilt shops while DH checks out art galleries. THere is a book that lists all the quilt shops in USA and Canada. I might invest in that before we leave so I don't miss any!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Darling puppy. Looks like he has long legs already. What is his name? Have fun babysitting.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I think Samantha is from the Denver area - http://spamantha.typepad.com/diary_of_a_mad_fabriholic/

The Great American Quilt Factory is somewhere in that area too - they're the Possibilities people.

http://www.greatamericanquilt.com/aboutus.htm

4:10 PM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

What a cute pupper! Looks like he has a little shar pei in him with that wrinkly little forehead. Yeah, definately check with Sam at the link Mary put above. Have fun!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

I see that Mary already suggested Sam who is in both of the webrings. What an adorable dogger! Have a good time on your trip.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

What a cutie!!! What kind is he? Love that red collar on him! You're a lucky "grandma" :) I adore those 4-legged babies!!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

I am in Denver :-) Great American is great- wonderful selection, great original books, not so great customer service IMHO. I'm going to go ahead and respond to your email with more links. And opinions tossed in for free.

So, DD is performing at The Ellie? It's amazing! I actually got to go onstage there once during a fundraiser. I'm very excited for you and your family!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Hope you have a good trip in Denver. It is a great place to visit. I've only been there once, and didn't see any shops, so can't make any recommendations. But I do recall that the weather is really strange there - very cold in the mornings and evenings, very hot in the middle of the day, and somewhere in between the rest of the day. So be prepared for constant temperature adjustments by layering.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

I am from northern Colorado and also recomment QAQF. I am in that store about once a month when I go to Denver-town to visit auntie. /paula

2:00 PM  
Blogger Nines said...

He does have a very cute expression! You can tell he's loved. good luck on finding some great quilt shops!

4:56 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

What a cutie -- with a little dash of troublemaker in her eye *s*

10:36 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I'm sure you'll find great ones in Denver, but my favorite eastern CO shop is in Pueblo.

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home