My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

puppy sitting


Puppy sitting isn't very conducive to quilting. He is very active and needs a lot of attention. That is my leg in the plaid jammie pants. Most of the time he is either in my lap, right beside my leg with his head or paw on my laptop or dropping a toy on me to throw. I have to try and keep his kong filled so he is occupied for periods of time and I can get my job work done. I have managed to do some of my stems. About 11 I think, but he has narrowly missed being stabbed with a needle multiple times because he would rather be in my lap than let my sewing be there. Just like a baby though he does nap periodically which is how I have managed the 11 that I have completed. He's lucky he's so cute.
DD did a beautiful job in Giselle. I saw 2 performances. She had a soloist role and a number of corps roles. Samantha, you were right the Ellie is a beautiful theater. Too bad DH couldn't come. He would have loved the captioning in the seats. He always complains that he doesn't know what was going on during a ballet. I wish I was going to be around for the next weekend to see Dracula, but I'm not sure I would like all the blood anyway.
I'm hoping I have more room on the flight back on Wednesday so hopefully I can get the stems finished. :o/

12 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Darling puppy..Is it full-blooded Lab?

6:27 AM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Puppies have to be born cute so they live all the way to adulthood - Ha, Ha! Yup, puppies are lots and lots of work, but a good dog is a wonderful life-long companion.

I'm glad you enjoyed the show! I've never been to a theater with captioning seats - sounds like a good idea!

Cheers!

Evelyn

6:57 AM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

sounds like the puppy is a real nuisance, but lovable none the less...

9:05 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

Puppies can be relentless -- but they are so darned cute, who could resist?

10:00 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

very cute, indeed

11:01 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

What a sweet puppy! And congratulations to you daughter for a successful performance!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Oh gosh - we are thinking of getting a little lab puppy in the new year. They are so cute, but I never thought about them being so active --- but they are so cute!

Sounds like your having a good time. Congratulations to your daughter on her performances.

3:04 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

AWWWW... puppy pix are just as irresistable as babies. :)

11:49 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Is he normally alone while your daughter is at work? If so you are a welcome treat!! This is just like my Maxwell when he was the only kitty. That's why we got 2 when he died! SO mommy wasn't the ONLY play toy! It only half worked, one or the other is always still whinning for affection!

Glad your daughters performance was wonderful and glad you got to see it!

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right - he's got cute in spades! Such a helper puppy!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

He is cute. I guess that will help him survive. How long are you puppy sitting? This isn't one of those deals where they leave the puppy and never return, is it? =)

3:52 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Hooray for your daughter :-) Dancing at the Ellie must be such a joy... Hope you've enjoyed your stay, though we got it cold and snowy for you :-(

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home