My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

aren't these the cutest?

I have completed my second project for October!
There has been a sudden rash of pregnancies at my office (must be something in the air) and I have been waiting for someone to have a baby girl so I could make these little booties ever since I saw the free pattern on Ravelry. All of the children so far and any others who already know are boys except for one... so my friend James is going to be the lucky recipient of these for his first little baby, a girl due November 4.
I think they are just adorable and told DS that he needed to have a grandbaby for me so I could make some more. He looked at me, rolled his eyes and in that dry monotone he uses said "I don't think you really want that do you?" He's 21 so he's right of course, but I don't know why he can't just play along with his silly mother. ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger antique quilter said...

just adorable!!!!
oh I could see making them in all different colors :)
I agree give him 10 more years !!!!

5:27 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

They are just darling!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Katie Z. said...

I'm so impressed. I can't even knit a scarf without 1000 mistakes. Those are so cute!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home