My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

stormy seas


My mother LOVED all things blue. She had sets of blue dishes. A collection of cobalt blue glassware. Every room in our house was decorated predominantly blue and she wore mostly blue clothing. About 6 or 7 years ago I made this miniature wall hanging for her. She had it hanging in what my dad has now converted to his bedroom. I was down there this past weekend helping him get some things arranged and he had this crinkled up thrown on the floor under his bureau. Men! They just don't understand. I spent hours on this. It is all paper pieced and those pieces are tiny. I put a quarter on it for reference to show size. He said I could have it back so now it hangs beside my bed to remind me of my mother every morning when I wake up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

So glad you rescued this. Typical example of men are from Mars- women from Venus - lol.

4:48 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

What a special piece - I'm sure your mom was just over the moon for it *s*

5:39 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

Very nice, and wow, that's a lot of little pieces! I didn't realize how small it was till I saw the quarter. :)

Glad you got it back.

And funny pic of the cats in the box you sent me the link to... they do look stuffed in there... lol

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home