My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, May 03, 2009

why every single thing i own is covered in cat hair


I had a very productive day today. It didn't start out that way as I slept much later than I had intended, but it worked out great in the end. For weeks now I have been trying to get back into the swing of things and somehow today I finally feel like I have accomplished it.
Before noon I had the prep work done for our entire week's worth of menus. It makes the week so much less stressful when dinners are planned and pretty much made. It also sets up DH getting the evening meal on the table a couple of days. ;0)
Yesterday, it hit me that Mother's Day was next weekend. I had told my coworker that I would have the quilt he wanted for his MIL by then. OOPS. That made me have a dream this morning (which is why I overslept), that when I got it all finished it was only the size of a baby quilt. Think maybe I was feeling a little pressure? So anyway, I spent the afternoon sewing and got it to the point where all it needs is the final outer border. I laid it out on our bed to take a picture. When I got back with my camera look what I found. I always tell people when they get things from here the cat hair is free.
Stashbusting report:
fabric in this week: 0
fabric out this week: .75
fabric in ytd: 21.75
fabric out ytd: 1.375
Next week should be a nice jump because I have to back and bind that quilt. :-D

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It is a pretty quilt - great colors!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

I'm in the same boat - only with dog hair *s* I do think quilts are all the better for being pet approved.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home