My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Thursday, April 02, 2009

am i lucky or what?

I got home from work and was so happy to see a package for me. I don't deserve it because I haven't mailed my Spring Swap to my partner yet, but lucky for me Marc is better at time management than I am. I ripped the ribbon off and then thought better of it and put it back on for its picture. This gift seemed to please the kitties as much as it did me. It took me 4 tries to get a picture without a kitty head in it. I'm not sure if Marc has kitties, a dog or if she laced the package with catnip, but they were all over it. After I opened it they were scuffling over who could rub and lay on the paper. It was so funny. I have left it on the floor and they run from the other room and slide into it.
Now for my part of the fun package. I can't believe how good Marc was to me. She made me a huge tote bag from my favorite Kansas Troubles fabrics. Then she threw in a second tote from Whimsicals fabrics. An adorable little ditty bag and a gorgeous stitchery. Some note cards and note paper and an Australian coin. She must have known that some day, some how I am going to go to Australia and wanted me to have something to spend. :D My card and bookmark both have teddy bears on them. It was so thoughtful of her to give me things so much like me.
Isn't everything gorgeous? I just love it all. So what do you think....am I lucky or what?

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a gorgeous parcel of goodness. Now I'm confused, I have you down as having mailed your parcel and it being received?

12:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well forget that last part of the comment I was looking at the wrong name. Hope you'll have your parcel in the post this weekend.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Abby and Stephanie said...

Marc's work is beautiful. Very lovely gifts.

3:16 PM  
Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

Now that is a fun package! The tote is wonderful...I've been looking for something to do with a stack of orphan applique blocks!

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home