My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

the swap has landed

My spring swap has arrived to Maria so I can reveal. I got a very nice thank you note and I think she really liked what I made.
I found the base pattern for this project bag in an Australian Homespun magazine. It just looked so springy. It's hard to tell, but the patchwork around the top is 4 connected hearts. I did some spring embellishment on the pockets. The little matching book is for needles. I included some matching fat quarters so she can make some other accessories if she wants to.
This is my first OPAM finish for April. :D
I didn't get any sewing done this weekend. I am 3 strips away from finishing the center of the quilt I am making for my coworker and I didn't get a single one of them sewn onto the quilt. We had a busy, busy weekend and I will post some on that later.
I just wanted to get my stashbusting report out there.

fabric in this week: 0
fabric out this week: 0
fabric in ytd: 21.75
fabric out ytd: .625
Exciting isn't it?

7 Comments:

Blogger Stina Blomgren said...

Its gorgeous..and very much spring.. have to take a look in my magazine for this one..:o)

3:03 AM  
Blogger Lori in South Dakota said...

Maria is a lucky person, the swap presents are wonderful!

12:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A gorgeous little set.

2:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I would have been very pleased to receive your very nice swap. It looks so much like spring.
I envy your trip to Webs. Had I been there, I would have done a great lot for the economy too! Take care.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Lea said...

That's very lovely. Sure,Maria is very lucky!
Your fabric choices are just perfect. :-)

2:36 PM  
Blogger maria said...

Hi, yes I did like the gifts very much! The bag is now displayed on the new shelf in my sewing room ready to be filled with the bits and pieces I'll be using to make my next swap project.The needle case is in use and the chocolate is long gone!
Maria x

4:56 AM  
Blogger maria said...

Me again, I've posted about your gifts on my blog and have had lots of nice comments about them.

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home