My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

a finish

March isn't going as well in the finishes department as January and February did. Here is my first. I felted it today just in time for the warmer weather. :-/ Its been sitting around waiting to be felted for a bit.
I think I need a different plan of attack for next month. It felt great finishing off something early in the month for the last 2 months and I think it motivated me. I do have a table runner basted and ready to quilt. Hopefully, that will be a second March finish.
A lot was accomplished today even though I really have nothing to show for it. The quilt I posted last week is now 24" longer and the shawl that April got me started on is about 5 repeats larger. Meals are all planned and pre-preped for the week and I got a couple of other projects preped and ready to work. I envy all of you who can get so much done in a week. I always feel like I am going to be productive, but on weekdays by the time I get home from work I usually end up making dinner and then sitting and reading blogs. My weekends seem to get eaten up with laundry, groceries and making meals for the upcoming week. I need to find more time in my weeks. Anyone know a secret?
I did use a little stash this week lengthening my co worker's MIL quilt. Not much, but at least I am still moving in the right direction.
Fabric in this week: 0
Fabric out this week: 1.5 yard
Fabric in ytd: 8
Fabric out ytd: 12.375

3 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

Here is an idea to help with the 'time' thing. make yourself be creative for at least 20 minutes a day - everyday. It's unreal what 20 you can do in 20 minutes!! And if you don't want to stop, you don't have to... and you will get things done.

I also make meals for my freezer - that gets rid of prep time and that saves about an hour and night. Yes, it does take up a weekend (or not,depending on how you plan to make them) but it saves so much time in the month it wounderful!! Also, when blog reading, time yourself. Pour yourself a coffee and sit to read, with the timer set. I loose track of time on the computer easily!! And that will help you know where the time has gone.

good luck finding the extra time to do fun things!! I love the felted hat!! Looks great - you could wear it here, it's on the verge of warming up, but not there yet!! It's all the little things you do, like you said, you got alot accomplished today, but nothing to show for it. That 'showing' will suddenly appear and you will realize just how much you've gotten done!!

Have a great week!!

12:17 AM  
Blogger Lori in South Dakota said...

Working 40 hours a week sure take a dent in the quilting time! But take a little bit of time for yourself, call it your "unwind" time.

2:20 AM  
Blogger Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I blame the job - it takes up way too much time! I know one way I can make more time for myself is to stop reading so many blogs, and watching tv, but I enjoy it, so I'm going to keep doing it. :) We all need down time. But Brenda's idea is a good one - doing something 15-20 minutes a day, does add up a lot.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home