My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

a place for me

In the spirit of keeping up with all my challenges for the new year I have decided to get more organized. Before Christmas I had to spend quite some time clearing off the end table where I usually sit and sew. It gets hectic with all my Christmas projects and things were stacked precariously. Something would fall whenever I tried to find anything. I knew what was there, but it certainly wasn't easy to get to.
I have created a handwork station under the end table. Inside this basket I have divided the space with a plastic protector to hold my hand sewing tools for bindings, hand quilting and applique. Around the center are my knitting needles as well as my latest knitting project. The little basket hanging on the side has my knitting gadgets, stitch holders, stitch markers, measuring tape and crochet hook in the unlikely event that I might make a knitting mistake. :D
This sweater is the next UFO I need to work on. It's for a friend of mine and it is way past due. I am hoping having it right beside me will be motivating.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sweet P said...

Great job on the basket. I love using baskets for storing items.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Love the basket idea, and that particular basket. How deep is it? Is that a Longaberger basket or just an adorable one you picked up somewhere?

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home