My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Friday, January 09, 2009

returns

DD has returned to Denver. :*( She ended up leaving with 2 pair of legwarmers and a new rice bag in addition to her Christmas presents. I did this pair a little differently. Straight knitting instead of rib. She picked the yarn. Very princess.
She had burned the rice in her old rice bag by heating it too long in the microwave. Evidently everyone in the studio always knew when she was coming because of the burned rice smell. She has a new one scented with essential oil. They will smell sugar cookies now. :-D
Almost 15 months ago I joined a round robin. It was based on rules that May Britt had originally posted about one she had done. It sounded like fun and not a huge commitment so I signed up. This month is when they return to their original owners and mine arrived today. I absolutely LOVE it. I started with the little star up in the corner. I also sent a mini composition book with it and had everyone write something in it . It was so nice reading all the little notes with everyone's thought processes. The appliqued flower is from a photo of a Civil War wallpaper design. I am so pleased and touched with the time and effort everyone put into making my little quiltlet.

4 Comments:

Blogger Juliann in WA said...

This is really lovely. It is so fun to see these quilts that I worked on so long ago. EnJOY

10:30 PM  
Blogger antique quilter said...

I like this yarn too!
fun colors!!!!
this quilt is just beautiful
oh what a great idea for you all to do
I hope I see the rest of them, can you tell me who participated?

5:22 AM  
Blogger swooze said...

I really enjoyed working on your RR. I got the idea from someone else in the group as they had done something similar on Nancy's. Enjoy!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

I have joined this RR for the next session. I know a number of the other swappers from swaps I have hosted & participated in. Today, while surfing around on the yahoo-groups RR site, looking for my mailing routing & addresses, I stumbled upon your name. IT caught my attention because it was Durham, ME. My mother lives in Durham!! I'm from Gorham. ...small world,
Margaret

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home