My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Monday, December 22, 2008

i'm warped, in a good way

Look what I did. I got my loom warped and started weaving. This is supposed to be 8 napkins for my sister for Christmas. Think I can get them finished? I'm thinking probably next Christmas. After I got the warp on and the header woven I figured I should probably get back to things that had to be done for this Christmas. I did sit down and do a couple of inches between projects in the sewing room. I just couldn't help myself.

7 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

How neat - and what a lucky sister you have.

1:28 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

I remember having a little loom when I was a girl . . . I am in awe that you've gotten all this done. Keep sharing your progress *s*

10:19 AM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

The hard part is done - enjoy your weaving project. I have a LeClerc - haven't used it in YEARS, but hey, SB is in kindergarten now so the time is coming.
Cheers!
Evelyn

9:33 PM  
Blogger Arlette said...

Oh my, this is such fine weaving that you're doing. Looks like you're working with a gazillion threads. I bet the napkins will be beautiful when they're finished and I'm sure your sister will love them.
I would like to wish you and your family a happy, healthy, and safe holiday season.
Mele Kalikimaka and Hauoli Makahiki Hou!
Aloha!

12:23 PM  
Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

Oh geez, there you go, just weaving away! The loom looks wonderful.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Your project looks fabulous! I'm a tad bit jealous because I've always wanted to learn to spin and weave. I will look forward to watching your progress!!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I've always wanted to have a go at a loom. I played with a children's loom last year but got very odd widths on the same fabric. I think I need instruction.

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home