My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, January 04, 2009

sunday stash report


DD and DS are still here so no quilting has been accomplished this week. I have managed to use one skein of yarn. I made DD a pair of "dancer" legwarmers. She has been cutting a hole for the heel in legwarmers, but they fray and unravel. After a couple of false starts, many fittings and the first half of season 1 of Dark Angel, I managed to come up with the first one. I finished the second one this evening. When I asked her to model she refused to point her toe. She kept saying "I'm on vacation". So this is a picture of a dancer, on vacation, modelling her new legwarmer. Kids!
Hopefully by next week I can have started on stashbusting 2009 and the WISP challenge I joined with May Britt and Kris.

4 Comments:

Blogger antique quilter said...

looks great, bet she will get a lot of use out of those.
I see a few more of these in your knitting future!

I love the built in bookcases in the background, love that color
did you paint them?
Kathie

4:31 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

I think the pose is exactly what a vacationing dancer would do! Good luck with your stashbusting goals.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Lori in South Dakota said...

kids. Sometimes you love them, sometimes you just wonder "what are they thinking??!!"

5:30 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Kids! The leg warmers are a good idea. Seems like they would take more than a skein of yarn, though. Pretty blue color.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home