My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

another one bites the dust

I finished the hand stitching on the binding and hanging sleeve on my second UFO for January. Gotta email May Britt and Kris for some credit. I just love this Whimsicals pattern. This is the 5th one I've made. It's been sitting around for over a year just waiting for sleeve and binding. Can you imagine??
I am so pleased by how this challenge has motivated me. It has done wonders with my desire to finish things. It's great getting some of these done and out of the UFO tote.
The next contestant is ready for sleeve and binding. It got it's backing and quilting this nice long weekend. An extra day off is better than chocolate (well... almost). I doubt I will finish it this month because I have some other things higher on the priority list, but it's a sure thing for February.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooo cute!

2:43 PM  
Blogger a good yarn said...

Great projects for the challenge. The wallhanging is terrific. You have such an amazing sewing room. I'd love to have that kind of space. No wonder you make sich lovely projects!

Happy Stitching...Ann :)

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home