My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

um....


I did do some stash busting this week. The only problem is I did more stash acquisition than I did reduction. We had to go do work on our rental apartment to repair some of the damage our tenants {grrr} did to it. I wasn't going to stop at Marden's, but DH wanted to stop because they have good prices on paint brushes, rollers, etc that we need to do the work. I don't know if you remember this post from Christmas, but look what I found for $2.99 a yard. I just couldn't resist. I will be able to make a much bigger quilt with the addition of these to my fat quarters. Right? You would have done the same wouldn't you? Did anyone notice I do fine as long as I stay away from Marden's?
OK, final tally:
Stash used 2 1/2 yards
Stash acquired 23 yards

7 Comments:

Blogger antique quilter said...

wow you really lucked out with those wonderful fabrics at Marden's.
I would have bought them all too! there is always next week.

Kathie

4:19 AM  
Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

If I found fabric like that at that price I'd have a splurge too! Love the colors...
Sio

6:31 AM  
Blogger SueR said...

I shop at Marden's too, which may be my downfall one day. Got ya beat on stash acquisition this week though!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Sweet P said...

It's tough to go to Marden's and not buy fabric. For me, it's the only reason I go to Marden's.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

I think you had no choice at all - I would have done exactly the same *s*

9:20 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Those are all lovely fabrics. I am jealous that you have a Mardens and I don't, but then again, maybe I should be glad.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, I feel your "pain"! They are great fabrics. Enjoy and don't feel bad about it.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home