My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Monday, February 18, 2008

quick update

I had an extra day this weekend, but I didn't get done anywhere near as much as I wanted to. We went on a little road trip to our building to check in on the tenants on their way out. I went and delivered my applique wall hanging to Jan. While I was there I helped a customer pick out some fabrics and sold a couple of yards of the repros. :cD I also picked up background and sashing for the 4 patch doll quilt I am making for the shop. I think it came out pretty well. I'm going to do simple line hand quilting on it.
The last time I went up and stayed Jan and I were going through some new magazines she had gotten and had almost all left at the end of the month. There were some really cute projects in them so I suggested she make a sample of one of the smaller projects included to try and help sell the magazines. She made this cute camera bag and said she completely sold out of the magazine that month. I was bummed because I wanted to get the magazine so I could make one for me. She said she didn't need this anymore since she had sold out of the mag so she gave it to ME. Isn't it the cutest thing? My digital camera fits into it perfectly.
Ok now for the stashbusting report. I made the doll quilt, but all the fabric was new because I didn't have enough of anything Jan carries to finish it up and using fabric she doesn't have would defeat the purpose. So this week was pretty much a wash. I didn't enhance but I didn't deplete. :c/

8 Comments:

Blogger antique quilter said...

cute camera bag, lucky you!
I really love the border fabric and sashing you chose for the 4 patch quilt.
I would have never chose that but now I would consider using that color too!
thanks
Kathie

4:09 AM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

GREAT suggestion to your friend to help her sell those magazines. I know that if I were in the shop and saw that cute bag - I would have bought the magazine too! And lucky you - you get the bag now that she is sold out! I would say it was a win/win situation!!!

Cheers!

Evelyn

3:41 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

What a treat for you to be the recipient of that darling little bag *s* Lucky girl.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

What a cute doll quilt. Makes me want to start another one myself but I have so much other stuff I need to work on.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Marla said...

Cute projects. I'm am looking for excuses to make yo yo's!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Gypsy Quilter said...

Love that lil' 4-patch. Great job!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I think having a sample to see and touch is a terrific way to sell a pattern, magazine or fabric. The little bag is so cute.

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really love that quilt!

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home