My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

quiltathon progress


I don't think my ironing board is terribly ugly, but since Libby has asked to see... I have scorched it lately pressing my applique so it doesn't look as good as it did, but I have to say I love it. DH made it for me a few years ago and it makes pressing yardage and quilt tops much, much easier. The only problem I have is that it always has *stuff* on it. I am going to clear it off at least somewhat for my quiltathon weekend.
I have high hopes for the quiltathon. I've spent my evenings this week getting ready. A coworker fell in love with one of the quilts I have in progress and decided she wanted one from the same pattern in her colors made as a duvet cover. I've drawn up the size she needs in EQ and straightened the fabrics. I have also done some and plan to do the rest of the chores I usually accomplish on the weekend. My menu plan for next week is done and we are doing the grocery shopping tomorrow night. DH is going to do the laundry so I should have most of the weekend. I still have to neaten up my sewing room and then I think I am ready to go. I'm so excited.

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Thanks for playing. I do long for a time when I have the space to have a big board that I can leave up permanently *s*

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home