My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

weekend report

My pif arrived at the end of last week. Thank you Welsh Quilter. I love it. I have a mini cutting mat and small rotary cutter I am going to use it for. The chocolate is NOT going to last much longer. I only held onto it so I could take a picture. If I wasn't such a procrastinator it would have been gone already. :D I have been working on my pif gifts. I haven't forgotten you guys.
It was DS birthday yesterday. He and his girlfriend went snowboarding and then came here for dinner. I asked what he wanted and he chose lasagna "with meat". I quite often will make pasta sauces with no meat. When the kids were growing up we ate very little meat, although he likes lasagna without the meat he LOVES it with. While DS was opening his gifts, Misty and Dusky thought since everything in the world is for them, that the gift bags were for them to get into. DH went and got a grocery bag to distract them and save the gifts. Misty immediately got in, but Dusky got in and crowded her out. Misty decided that revenge would be to get on and trap him inside. DS was laughing, waiting for Dusky to start making his "I'm trapped" sound. When I hold him to brush him or when Misty traps him he makes this deep meow in the back of his throat. I don't think he likes being restrained.
I haven't gotten any real sewing done this week. I marked my reproduction doll quilt for hand quilting. I did manage to avoid the end of bolt sale at the LQS and not go to any other fabric stores. I didn't use any fabric this week, but I also didn't buy any fabric this week.
I signed up with Judy for a quiltathon next weekend. I have already started planning what I am going to do. I think I need motivation. Hopefully, next week I will have a much better report.

3 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Kitty games are a crack up *s*

9:11 AM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Ha ha! Funny pic/story of the kitties and the sack. Smart cat!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Marit Johanne said...

Your cats are great! Our cat loves bags too!But we only have one cat, so she can have it on her own. It looks like a lot of quilters have cats :-)
Marit

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home