My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

progress

After a couple of hours of cutting I had a little mishap. I started to drop my rotary cutter and instinctively tried to catch it. Stupid move, but I just did it without thinking. I didn't even feel it, but it started to bleed pretty badly so I felt it needed a bandaid. Wouldn't want to get blood on my fabric would I?
After that, I worked until I was so hungry I couldn't concentrate on Harry Potter anymore. I have most of the large pieces cut and have to make the secondary cuts. Here's what I have accomplished so far. I'm going to sew some blocks before I finish cutting. I get bored cutting, but will get back to it after I get some sewing accomplished.

3 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

Oh, no! A Quiltathon injury!! Be careful!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Lori in South Dakota said...

Yikes!! Quiltathons are hazardous to your health. Glad to hear it was not a big cut and you're able to continue sewing.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

Oh my! Be careful - those darned blades are just so sharp.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home