My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

merry christmas to me


I do love my house, but when we bought it there were a few things that we didn't like. 1. no real closet for the master bedroom. Which we took care of last year. 2. the acrylic sink that came with the house was scratched and stained. It was also a double bowl which I have never liked. For Christmas I asked for a new silgranit sink with a single bowl. I really wanted a farm house sink, but would have had to cut the marble and modify the cabinets to get it to fit so I thought this was the next best thing. Well DH does NOT do Internet shopping. So after I picked this out I got a note for Christmas saying this is what I was getting. Well since we were in no particular hurry I waited until the web store had a sale. This arrived last Friday and DH spent last evening putting it in and doing the plumbing. 3. Is remodeling the upstairs bathroom which is going to have to wait for quite a while, but for now I love my new sink. :cD

10 Comments:

Blogger Sweet P said...

Ooooh. . . I like your new sink. I want to get a new sink for my kitchen too. I have double basins just like you. Where did you get your new sink?

6:06 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

I'm a double sink kinda gal - but I sure love the look of your new addition.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Howdy said...

Pretty sink! So nice to get what you want and save money too!

The sink in my new to me house is the same style as in my last house - with a big bowl on the right and a small scrap bowl that drains to the disposer on the left. I do like those old farm style sinks as well - especially those with the built in drain boards... I always have a drain board sitting out - full of stuff... that never gets put away... LOL

10:00 AM  
Blogger Saska said...

When we built our new home, I wanted a single compartment sink and I love it. The farm sinks are very expensive and require different set-ups with countertops and cabinets...so expensive to replace too.
Is yours chocolate brown? IT's very pretty.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow now that is one nice sink..thanks so much for dropping by my blog...take care

3:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The new sink looks very practical and big.
I like very much your stash enhancement. Guess what I did today?! Take care.

3:48 PM  
Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

What a nice sink! I love the single bowl as well. Lucky to have a DH who can do the work himself!

6:38 AM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

That is a great new sink! I grew up with an old farm sink - my Mom actually moved it from her old house to the one that she built!!! It was great for giving the little kids baths (and little dogs too!). I didn't realize how trendy/expensive they had become until I recently started to look for my own - yikes! Yours is a great modern compromise!

Cheers!
Evelyn

12:22 PM  
Blogger Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Love your sink.And loved the stashbusting blocks.Very pretty.

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do like that sink, kinda makes me consider remodeling my kitchen a bit.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home