My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

we're here

We got moved in last Saturday. They couldn't come to hook up our Internet service until late Tuesday. Then we had to drive DS to college yesterday so this is the first time I have had a chance post to my Blog. It took a 26' rental truck full and then another half load to get most everything moved. I didn't realize we had so much stuff. I have so some really cool pictures of our box maze, but I can't find my adapter to get them from the camera to the computer. :cD The joys of moving. I've done pretty well finding most everything else. I managed to make it to work this morning with a minimum of searching for necessities.
My sewing room is really starting to shape up. I can't wait to get it set so I can start on JudyL's hour a day challenge. I'm going to have to work a bunch of hours in a row to catch up.
I had to finish my next round for my round robin challenge which I will post as soon as I find that pesky adapter.
Off to catch up on other's blogs. I am so far behind it's going to take quite a while.

7 Comments:

Blogger Linda C said...

welcome back, Tami--probably a lot to do to get unpacked.

I know when we moved south it took almost 3 weeks to get it all done and it didn't help that our stuff came in two shipments about 10 days apart. The sewing room was the last space.

10:36 PM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

glad you're settling....

10:45 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Glad that you are moved-can't wait til you find the adapter and can show us the sewing space all set up. As I remember, you have a space to die for!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Part of my personal challenge this month is to not start any new projects so I'll be doing Judy's hour a day quilt late also.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

good luck settling in :-)

12:06 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Welcome to your new home! I hope that you and yours will make lots of great memories there.

2:29 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Welcome back! Glad you are set up in your new space. I know it seems to take forever to recover from a move, but it will happen, everything will turn up eventually. I'll look forward to seeing your photos. I'm behind on the challenge from Judy, so you won't be alone. =)

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home