My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

moving right along

Things are moving along. We have the rental truck set up for this weekend to take all the big furniture. Next Saturday night we will be sleeping in our new house. Maybe too much to do to be sleeping, but we will be there anyway. Bialosky has already moved in and taken his place on the stairs. He has lived on the second step up in my stairway in every house we have owned with stairs.
I haven't had any time to sit down and blog lately. We spent all last weekend working at one or the other of the 2 houses. DH moved his woodworking tools last weekend. He didn't want to wait for the big truck so he packed up his pickup towing my dad's trailer so he could get the space set up before the big move day. I took my CRV filled with as much as would fit and got some of my kitchen put away. I figured I could live here a week without things like my roasting pan, baking dishes, blanching pot, wok and some of my accumulated Tupperware. I also took 3 18 gallon totes, 1 30 gallon tote and a double cardboard file box full of fabric. I thought it was going to make a HUGE dent in my stash, but when I looked I had only emptied about 1 1/2 cupboards out of my 6 cupboards of fabric. *oops* I proudly showed DH how much was empty and he sort of looked incredulous and said "Is that all?" Oh well, maybe this is the wakeup call I need to really stop buying. So far August has been an easy "no buy".
We have one more day to spend at the house getting it totally ready for our furniture. All the spiders thought we left it empty for them. There are spider webs all over the place. I HATE spiders. I always tell DH "If it has less than one leg or more than 4 I don't want anything to do with it." We also have to finish painting DS room. It came painted with a sort of salmon pink. We are painting it a sort of sage green. We have the first coat almost on and will have to finish up the second. I am going to need to back to work to get some rest after all of this. :c)

14 Comments:

Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

Nice tile floor under your fabric boxes. Is that your new sewing studio floor?

3:35 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

going to be a busy week-weekend for you with the moving. Any closer to having a buyer with a realistic, acceptable bid??

5:43 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Good luck...Beautiful staircase, you've got lots of good stuff ahead. Just keep looking forward...
Melanie

6:05 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Yippee, you are moving into the house with the fabulous quilting studio! Hooray! A good offer on the old house would be the cherry on top of the Sundae!

6:14 PM  
Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

Did you hear any more from the people who drove past five times? Are those floors old recycled wood? They are beautiful.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

What a nice idea to have Mr. Bear living on the second step.

I think we can all say "Oops" about our fabric stashes. Moving only makes it more obvious.

Your new home looks bright and clean. Best of luck in your new space.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Silverthimble said...

Be sure and share pictures of your new "studio space" in the new house once you are settled. I am anxious to see where you will be quilting from in the future!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Sounds like you're making some progress, and some is better than none, right?
Don't forget to take some deep breaths, look around, and just enjoy your new home.
I have to tell you, the first time I read your post, I didn't see the space between 3 and 18 so I thought you took 318 gallon totes.
WOW! Then I looked again. I'm okay, really.

11:29 AM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

enjoy!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Finn said...

Hi Tami,how nice that your bear is there at the new house, welcoming you home again..*VBS*

I remember well, the feeling of how many totes it took to pack up my sewing room. My kids were just amazed..LOL. But I was "Between homes" and mine had to go into a storage unit. Better to buy more totes than to risk any of it being damaged by mice or something creepy-crawly.

What fun to start again in a new house. Hugs, Finn

3:33 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

nothing like packing the stash to see how much you truly have...good luck with the end of the moving and the unpacking ahead

11:21 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Good luck with moving into your new house.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Good luck with the move!!

12:40 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

My cats would love to come spidey-catch for you, they adore the chase.

But I warn you, they eat the bodies *smacking noises* and leave the legs.

I'll be time consuming to get everything organized in your new place, but what a feeling of accomplishment when it's all finally done!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home