My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

teenagers :>/

My quilting class finished. I managed to make it home pretty close to on time. Here are some of my students with their projects finished except for the hand sewing down of their bindings. They were all very happy with their progress and are signed up for a follow up class I am going to start teaching in a couple of weeks.

It has been a pretty sad week here in our small town. One of the boys from DS's football team, 15 years old, was killed over the weekend. It was first reported as a hunting accident, but it was soon discovered that he, a 14 year old friend and his 13 year old brother were out playing with loaded guns and he was shot by the 14 year old. It is just so sad and so tragic. DS has been quite moody and quiet all week long. He went to the memorial service today and funeral will be held at the school tomorrow. I just don't understand how teenagers can believe they are so truly invincible. I remember things like this every time my son complains when I want to know where he is going, who he is going with and what time I can expect him home. I would rather have him hating me now than be planning his funeral.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Tami, I am so sorry to hear of the death of this young person. Last wk we too experienced a death, suicide, of a 17 yr old senior...which makes the 4 teen from this graduating class to have died...all 4 senseless deaths. sad

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home