My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

january wrap up

I figured I should post to close out the month.

It's been a pretty good month. DS got through his mid terms, finished a couple of college applications and we filed his FAFSA. He has a couple more applications to finish up with and then just the waiting. I don't think he will be upset if he doesn't go this upcoming year. He is having a hard time deciding what he wants to do and thinks a year of working might help with choices. He is leaning towards Sports Media or Audio Recording, but isn't really passionate about either one. It's funny how different children raised in the same house by the same parents can be so different.

Our DD has been focused since she was 13. We moved here because of the ballet program in the High School. She worked hard all the way through, keeping good grades as well as dancing sometimes over 5 hours a day. She is currently a professional ballet dancer and was doing great until life threw her a curve last November. She was with Ballet Internationale in Indianapolis and dancing soloist and lead roles until the company closed. It was very hard for the dancers to find jobs part way through a contract season. Most company seasons last from August or September through April or May. She and her boyfriend were lucky and started new positions with Tulsa Ballet earlier this month. When Tulsa's season ends they are then moving on to Cincinnati Ballet until May. They aren't sure what they are going to do for next season, but hopefully they will find a more permanent position. They have a number of possibilities, but are waiting to see where the Artistic Director from BI is going. We are voting for Boston :c), but neither of them really want to go there. :c /

I haven't gotten nearly as much done as I would like, but it's about what I would expect with my work schedule. I always have lists longer than I can accomplish. My rug is getting bigger, I have worked on some of my UFO's, started on next years Christmas presents and am ready for my quilt classes starting next month. I still have so much to do to get ready for the move and selling this house. I don't know how we will ever get it all accomplished. I think maybe next weekend I will start sorting through and packing up a room at a time. Suddenly, this house seems HUGE and reducing stash much more important.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cher said...

I always have lists too long as well...I think tackling one room at a time is a great approach-good luck!

2:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your dd is beautiful! I'm in awe of people who have such grace! And I know exactly what you mean about kids turning out so differently; that's one of the joys (and sometimes heartache) of watching my kids growing up and striking out on their own.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter said...

What an exciting life your daughter leads! I'm sure it has taken a life time of practice and patience and everything else..I hope the new opportunities open more windows for her!

Bonnie

8:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Funny...I just noticed your favorite movie is Dirty Dancing; that's mine, too! There's just something about a man who can really dance!!

11:18 PM  
Blogger Tracey said...

How COOL that your dd is a professional ballerina!! What dedication it takes...she is a beautiful girl!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home