My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

i think i can. i think i can.

I think I am finally on track to get all of this done. I had a good weekend getting done some of the stuff I needed to and some that I wanted to. Lists - that's the key.
I started out making menu lists for the week. I translated that to my grocery shopping list. That made things much more efficient and I did my grocery shopping in record time. I then started packing. I picked a room and started clearing. I now have 2 boxes of stuff for a yard sale and a big bag of stuff to throw away and I packed up a shopping bag of books to take to the second hand book store for recycling. I had a great idea and next time I go to the store I am going to pick up price stickers and start pricing everything for the yard sale as I put it in the box. :o} That should save some major time when it comes to having the sale this spring. All in all, I felt so good about what I had accomplished I rewarded myself in my sewing room.


I have never been a terribly patient person and I have been so anxious to see what my mystery quilt was going to look like. I put together all of the blocks except the last row, saving that so I can have the smaller units for my class demo. I am really liking the way it is coming out although in true fabric addict fashion I was very upset that I am down to only about a fat quarter of the beige. It is such a nice medium shade. I really like the pattern though and may decide to make at least a lap sized quilt with it. While I was sewing this I got up to 14 25-patch blocks with leaders and enders for my scrap quilt. Yaay.

This Christmas I had fun making fabric covered journals from mini composition books. I made them for my friends at work, in my quilt group and in my Thursday night "sewing circle" (where we rarely do much more than gossip). I put them in my daughter's as well as my mother's stockings. I even made matching little gadget bags to go with some. This is the set my daughter got in her stocking. Of course the gadget bag was filled with chocolate. Well, now that all the fervor of Christmas has died down I realized that I still had an uncovered book and Sharpie left over and that I didn't have one. So I made myself one today. I don't have enough of that fabric left to make myself a gadget bag, but will either improvise, use a coordinating fabric and bind it with what I do have or just decide I have enough gadget bags anyway.
I also got some more Christmas work done too, but can't post pictures because I know at least my Mom reads my blog and I wouldn't want to spoil any surprises. :>O

My rug continues to grow. I'm getting a little bored with it though and may go back to the star wool applique rug I had to put away to make Christmas presents. THIS is how the UFO's get started... I did refrain from starting a new hobby today though. A friend of mine invited me to a scrapbooking party and thought I would probably get hooked like she is. I was so good, I gave her the page I made at the party. I already have more hobbies than I have time for and don't need a new one to start collecting materials for. I am such a hoarder that I'm sure every time Joann's had a 50% off scrapbooking supplies sale I would be in there buying the place out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Nice work on all that organizing and I admire your resolve on not starting on a new hobby. Good job!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Cher said...

your mystery quilt is looking great! I like how those blocks look...and yes, lists make the difference! You are right to put prices on stuff as you decide to sell them-always the most time consuming part of doing a yard sale for sure!

12:14 PM  
Blogger  Jeanne said...

Hi Tami! How are you doing that rug? Is it braided and then whipped together? How wide are your fabric strips? How are you joining them? Do we sense a rug in my future? Jeanne :)

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home