My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

i fell off the wagon :>0


When I was pulling fabric for my Heart 'n' Hand block on Saturday night I had convinced my husband that I NEEDED to make a trip to Marden's to get a light fabric to go with my color selections. I promised to pack 'a bunch' of boxes and then we could leave to get there before they closed. We both worked hard getting things sorted, priced, packed and stowed categorically. I even went as far as to go get washed up and changed. I then had an attack of "do I really need it?". So I went back to my stash and pulled the fabrics you see in the block from my previous post. I was so proud of myself. :o)
Well, as you can see from the picture my willpower gave out on me on my way home from the office today. They moved the Marden's to right off the highway so it's just soooo easy to take that exit and stop in "just to see what they have". I ended up with these. All fairly light which will really enhance my stash since I tend to buy mostly darks. Can you hear the rationalization???

9 Comments:

Blogger Patti said...

If your stash DOESN'T have what you need, then I don't see any problem with buying! After all, when you are creating you have a particular idea in your head, right? If you can't follow up that idea without buying a little bit of fabric then what's the problem? To me, it's buying fabrics that are very similar over and over that is the real "stash problem". After all, if an artist is doing and oil painting and runs out of a particular color, he doesn't substitute a different color just because he has dozens of tubes of paint!

8:46 AM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

yes, but I am right behind you rationalizing my shopping... (so it is O.K.)

1:35 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I LOVE them !! ANd I agree you really need them ;c)

3:44 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I bought some fabric yesterday too - was just looking for some red for an small accent border and couldn't decide between two without the braid so I bought them both.

Then I saw two blues. One was a background which I can use but I don't know why I bought the other one.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

your rationalization works for me! great fabrics!
hugs
laurie

11:43 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Those will go great with your darks! I tend to buy only darks and then I never have the lighter colored fabrics when I need them.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Great fabrics! It's really not bad to buy more fabric if you need it, right? :)

Judy L.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

Good job - those are great fabrics! I love the bottom one!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Passionate Quilter said...

works for me! If what you have in your stash just does not work, you needed that new stuff to make your stash more well rounded and workable. I see no problem. :) Hey, we have to support each other in this!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home