My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Monday, March 06, 2006

monday night


I got out of class on time!! I was so excited I figured it was blogworthy. Here is one of my students project. She made what she thought was a daring choice with the dark purple batik sashing and border. I think it really adds a lot to her blocks. I didn't get pictures of the other students projects, but I will.
Next week we are machine quilting them and the week after binding. I also showed them tonight some of the quilts I have made that use the techniques that they have already learned. They have been asking what they could do with what they had learned. They were all excited to see that they could recognize smaller units that they knew within larger blocks, and how color placement can change the look of a block greatly.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

I love watching as a new quilter is born...and that happens with a good teacher!

12:35 AM  
Blogger Alena said...

A lovely sampler, I can imagine how your students enjoy your class, I would love to join for the machine quilting part! Shame that it is so far away...

1:52 AM  
Blogger Cher said...

what a great beginner's class-something small enough they can quilt it themselves and feel so empowered! Nice going teach!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Alena said...

Tami, you should definitely come to Prague, you will love it, it is a really very pictoresque city.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home