I got out of class on time!! I was so excited I figured it was blogworthy. Here is one of my students project. She made what she thought was a daring choice with the dark purple batik sashing and border. I think it really adds a lot to her blocks. I didn't get pictures of the other students projects, but I will.
Next week we are machine quilting them and the week after binding. I also showed them tonight some of the quilts I have made that use the techniques that they have already learned. They have been asking what they could do with what they had learned. They were all excited to see that they could recognize smaller units that they knew within larger blocks, and how color placement can change the look of a block greatly.