My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

i have been ignoring my blog :c(

I had a busy weekend, my quilt class on Monday and then our monthly quilt chapter meeting on Tuesday. I have been ignoring my blog. Thought perhaps I should catch things up....
Some serious packing went on this weekend. We got a couple more boxes packed up and priced for the big yard sale and a couple of loads of junk taken to the dump. I sorted through all our old paperback books and have 4 shopping bags ready to take to the used book store. My husband and son took my wood cook stove over to the new house. We need to get some new stove pipe made since it is going into the fireplace flue in the kitchen and the set up is different from how it was in our old house. I can't wait to start cooking on it again. You would not believe how much better a roast turkey or ham is in the cook stove than in a conventional oven.
Monday night's quilt class went well. They are all so motivated.
Our quilt group is starting a round robin quilt next month so I have been trying to think of a 16" block I want to make for the center. We learned the technique from one of our members to make a Confetti quilt. I didn't start mine because I was starting to feel yucky. I had to go in to the office last Friday and everyone around me was sick. I think I picked up something because I have been feeling lousy for the last 2 days.
DD im'd in last night to tell me she had gotten a new webcam. She was having so much fun making faces at us. Her boyfriend had to go back to Indianapolis because he tore his acl during a performance and needs an operation. He wanted to go back to the Dr. who had operated on his shoulder. It's a good thing he did too because it seems that he hadn't been getting proper care in Tulsa. He should have been having physical therapy since the injury and needs to complete it and get back a full range of motion before he can be operated on. He has a camera and she bought one so they could talk and see each other until she can leave in April. She also informed me I didn't put a very good picture of her in my blog so here is one she has approved. :o) I, of course, as the mother think they are all magnificent.

DS got his first (hopefully not last) college acceptance letter today. I think he was relieved that he at least has one option now. They are also offering him a scholarship which made him feel really good. We are going for another visit next week and for him to meet the football coach. If he goes there he is hoping to play on the football team. He is going to be 18 tomorrow at 2:30 pm. It's hard to believe my chubby little baby boy is now a 6'1"18 year old ready to head off to college.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

You have a BEAUTIFULL daughter !!!
So great to see these pictures of her !

2:04 AM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

I'm a lover of the ballet, so I enjoyed both pictures of your daughter.

Marilyn

6:09 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

with so much on your plate, your blog is bound to suffer as is your quilty time! nice to read your catch up

11:11 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Tell your daughter that while this picture is lovely, I prefer the other one....

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home